Notice of MOU to Certificated
On June 26, 2012, the Stockton Unified School District Board of Education approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Stockton Teachers Association that ensures eleven (11) equal checks from July to May in 2012 – 2013 and 2013 – 2014 school years.
Below are the answers to your important questions regarding the agreement and July 31:
1. What if I already turned in my payroll letter? Do I need to turn in another one if I chose to take the eleven month or twelve month (one month deferral) option?
- We will keep your deferred pay set up exactly as it was in the 2011-12 school year. All of the forms received between 05/18/2012 and 07/03/2012 will be disregarded. In the event that you would like to change the way your deferred pay was set up in 2011-12, you would need to complete a new form accordingly. You will be paid 11 contract checks July-May in 2012-13 and 2013-14. If you want to receive a check in June, you will have to be signed up for the deferred pay plan.
2. Where will the Professional Development Day be held?
- All STA members will have a mandatory work day on July 31, 2012. This work day will be for 2012 – 2013 school year. It will be a staff development day aligned to the blue print for student achievement. See schedule for your PD site.
3. What if I can’t make the July 31, 2012 PD day? What are the make-up options?
- Those staff members who are unable to attend on those days will be required to submit justification of non-availability to HR and to STA (a simple letter or email will do). Make-up days will be provided on break days or Saturdays for those not attending on July 31. Those who do not attend any one of the days will not be paid the additional day’s pay.
4. How does this MOU affect currently RIF’d teachers?
- Laid off teachers who have not returned to work by July 31 will be able to attend one of the make-up days if they are returned to work by March 1, 2013.
5. Where can I go to get more information about the MOU?
- The MOU is posted on the District Website.
6. Who is affected by this MOU?
- All STA members are included in this MOU.
7. What make up days have been scheduled?
- Make-up days will be provided on break days or Saturdays for those not attending on July 31. The make-up days have not been scheduled yet, but they will be on teacher non-work days (for example, Fall break and Saturdays).
8. What will be the topic of the Professional Development?
- As mentioned above, the professional development will be based on the Blueprint for Student Achievement. The emphasis of the Blueprint is aligning all of our district practices and procedures with the intent of improving student achievement. July 31 will focus on how we are doing and specific things that we can do to improve student achievement. A strong emphasis will be placed on using data to improve our performance.
9. Do I need to contact my principal if I anticipate a problem attending the July 31 meeting?
- Yes, include your principal in your notice to STA and the District. State the reason that you will not be able to attend.
10. Will we be getting a revised step and column pay schedule?
- Human Resources and Payroll are working on the new pay schedule now. It will be posted on the District Website.
11. What happens if I don’t attend any Professional Development Day?
- You will not be paid for one day of Professional Development.
12. What is the work calendar for 2012 – 2013?
- The work year calendar for 2012 – 2013 for teachers will match the student calendar posted on the District Website. The first orientation day will be on August 13 and students will start on August 14, 2012.
13. Has a work year calendar been created for 2013 – 2014?
- The District and unions will work together to create the work year calendar for 2013 – 2014.
Stockton Unified School District
Craig R. Wells
Stockton Teachers Association