NEA – Press Releases
- NEA President: budget sets commonsense priorities for American families March 4, 2014
- Education Leaders Collaborate at National Labor-Management Conference February 28, 2014
- New FEA video shows state’s inflexibility on testing February 26, 2014
- Educators highlight economic struggles facing families and students February 25, 2014
- Educators endorse Bruce Braley for election to U.S. Senate February 20, 2014
- Cat-a-Van Reading Tour Hits the Road to Get Kids Reading, Brushing February 20, 2014
- CANCELLED: Malik K. Yoba—educator, actor, humanitarian—to headline NEA’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day observance February 12, 2014
- NEA’s Read Across America Grants to boost local reading initiatives February 12, 2014
- NEA supports commonsense action to detect and prevent abuse in schools January 31, 2014
- Malik K. Yoba—educator, actor, humanitarian—to headline NEA’s annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Observance January 16, 2014
NEA – Education Issues and Action
- ESEA/NCLB Update #135 May 16, 2012The U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Safe and Drug-Free Schools held a National Summit on Gender-based Violence Among Young People on April 6-7.
- Research Resources on Attacks on Public Education March 12, 2012These resources facilitate access to empirical research and reviewed and/or valid studies to assist NEA members and the general public in combating the concerted attacks on public education and public educators.
- Letter to the House and Senate Supporting the FY12 Omnibus Appropriations Bill January 6, 2012
- The Cost of Corporate Tax Avoidance November 15, 2011
- Rights Watch: Cyber Speak No Evil June 21, 2011In a flood of lawsuits, students are challenging punishment for ridiculing teachers and principals in cyberspace.
- Alternatives to Zero Tolerance Policies April 22, 2011In bullying incidences, research shows that zero tolerance policies don’t work. This resource offers alternative approaches.
- Girls and Bullying: Focus on Women February 19, 2011
- National Training Program on Safety, Bias, and GLBT Issues February 18, 2011
- One for All April 19, 2010Perspective at School Helps Educators See the Big Picture