Lesson Plans from NEA
- Teaching Asian and Pacific Islander Heritage April 30, 2013Celebrate Asian Pacific Islander heritage and their contributions to American history and culture with these multidisciplinary curriculum resources for all grade levels.
- Spelling and Vocabulary April 29, 2013Get ready for the National Spelling Bee (or your own local Spelling Bee) with these resources for learning and practicing language arts skills for grades K-12.
- Math Awareness Month April 1, 2013Curriculum resources, including lesson plans, background reading, printables and video, for all grades address the 2013 Math Awareness Month theme: Mathematics of Sustainability.
- Bringing Poetry to the Classroom March 29, 2013Make poetry a more important part of your curriculum with our recommended lessons, activities, and video/audio readings.
- Earth Day Curriculum Resources March 29, 2013Students in all grade levels explore new and review familiar ways to live responsibly with these lessons, projects, activities, and games.
- 10 Free Things for National Nutrition Month March 11, 2013Emphasize the importance of making informed food choices and developing healthy eating and physical activity habits. Our recommended resources include lesson plans, best practices, learning games, videos, book lists, coloring pages and more.
- Women’s History Month for the Classroom February 22, 2013Examine the changing cultural perceptions of women in society and honor their contributions to all aspects of life in the following interdisciplinary lessons and activities for all grade levels.
- Iditarod in the Classroom February 14, 2013Follow the 1,150 mile trek from Anchorage to Nome with these lessons and activities for all grades.
- Groundhog Day for the Classroom January 28, 2013Explore light and shadow in math, science, and art lessons and have fun with the following collection of groundhog games and activities.